Former football player to be sentenced to prison

One of the two former Ohio University football players who pleaded guilty to drug charges in January will be sentenced to prison April 4, according to court documents.

Lorenzo Fisher, 22, pleaded guilty Jan. 23 to an indictment charging four counts of aggravated trafficking in drugs and one count of trespass in habitation, all of which are felonies of the fourth degree. His original sentencing hearing was scheduled for Monday, according to court documents, though it is unclear why it was postponed.

According to the Ohio Revised Code, an individual could spend up to 18 months in prison for one fourth degree felony; therefore, Fisher could receive up to seven years and six months in prison for his five charges.

Fisher, of Washington, D.C., was accused of selling MDMA, perhaps more commonly known as molly, with teammate Greg Windham, 20, last April and May.

Search warrants of the two men resulted from ongoing investigations conducted by the Athens Police Department and Athens County Prosecutor Keller Blackburn’s office. Executions of the warrants led to both players’ arrests in August.

Windham, of Tampa, Fla., accepted a plea deal Sept. 23 in which he pleaded guilty to his indictment, which consisted of one count of aggravated trafficking in drugs, in order to enter the diversion program rather than face incarceration.

@KellyPFisher

kf398711@ohiou.edu