An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

Past week’s police report include theft, intoxication and almost-naked man

A man was arrested after bystanders observe him running on campus with nothing but his underwear.

When Ohio University police officers make an arrest, they can usually count on the subject to be wearing pants.

That wasn’t the case on Saturday, though, when police dealt with a man running around campus in nothing but his underwear.

According to OUPD reports, bystanders observed a 19-year-old male running across Ohio University’s College Green on Saturday — the same day as Number Fest — wearing only his underwear.

Police noticed facial injuries on the scantily clad male’s face, after he was located some time after 8:30 p.m. The man was unaware how he sustained those facial injuries, according to the report.

The man, who was classified as a visitor to OU’s campus in the police report, had a strong odor of an intoxicating beverage on his breath and body, spoke unclearly and was not aware of his surroundings, according to police reports. He was arrested and later transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="437c5c3c-e7ac-11e4-bff7-6bbcd4cf54f1"}}

Later that day, OUPD received a report regarding an unconscious male at the third-floor hallway of Tiffin Hall on East Green. The man, who was found unconscious in the middle of the floor, had a strong odor of an intoxicating beverage in his breath and attempted to flee from the officer.

That man was charged with obstructing justice and disorderly conduct by intoxication, according to the report.

Earlier, a female driving a vehicle was stopped on Richland Avenue, was cited and released for having an “excessive amount of passengers” in her vehicle that blocked her view and her ability to safely operate the vehicle, according to the report.

On Sunday, OUPD received a report from an OU student regarding a spare tire that had been stolen from the student’s Jeep Wrangler in the parking garage under Crawford Hall on South Green.

The theft was believed to have taken place some time between 5 p.m. on Friday and 6 p.m. on Saturday.

That case is under investigation.

On the Athens County Sheriff’s Office end, deputies responded Thursday to a report of a man with a gun on Gun Club Road, threatening to hurt himself and other people.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="4731a4ce-e778-11e4-b509-3b11bf82ad0f"}}

Deputies pursued the man through the woods on foot before apprehending him. The man was arrested and transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail. That man was charged with aggravated menacing and domestic violence.

On Wednesday, a deputy responded to a theft report on Robinette Ridge Road in Nelsonville. A female said $150 and some medication were stolen from her residence, according to the report.

The woman added her daughter was the only person in her residence that could have access to those items.

The case is under investigation.

@JoshuaLim93

jl951613@ohio.edu