Post Haste Banner

Post Haste: Bobcats close to top in list of most right-swiped students on Tinder; McDavis gets another raise

Ohio University guys and gals are highly-regarded on Tinder.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Friday, Aug. 28, 2015:

Bobcats, it’s Friday. You’ve nearly made it through one week of classes.

As if that weren’t reason enough to be proud this morning, wait ‘til you hear this: Tinder recently released some data about the app that puts both the men and women of Ohio University in the top 20 “most right-swiped” students nationwide.

OU’s men are the 19th-most right-swiped (two spots ahead of Miami) and Bobcat ladies are sitting in the 18th position (two spots behind Miami). OU topped Ohio State in both categories.

Tinder said the data were compiled using the ratio of right swipes received by men and women on each campus, meaning a school that just uses Tinder an inordinate amount wouldn’t necessarily make the list.

Hold your heads high, Bobcat guys and gals. You’re attractive — to each other, at least.

Weather

Hotter today, but nothing ridiculous. High of 82. No rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• President McDavis got another raise (and a $90,000 bonus). His base salary is now $570,000. (The Post)

• An OU student developed a smartphone app specifically for bar specials in Uptown Athens. (The Post)

• Have you seen that tent that says “hello” outside Baker this week? They’re from an app launching at OU. (The Post)

• There’s a new lingerie store on Union Street. (The Post)

• Bernie Sanders has a pretty big following at OU, and some of those people met last night. We have details. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

Women’s Soccer: 3:00 p.m. at the University of Detroit Mercy (The Post)

Field Hockey: 3:00 p.m. at Saint Francis (The Post)

Volleyball: 4:00 p.m. vs. Austin Peay in West Lafayette, Indiana (The Post)

You might also want to know....

An undercover video released yesterday shows chicken farmers who supply McDonald’s and Tyson Foods snapping the chickens’ necks and beating the animals with spikes. McDonald’s promptly ended its relationship with the supplier. (USATODAY)

Wal-Mart announced yesterday it would stop selling the AR-15 and other automatic rifles due to slowing consumer demand. Wal-Mart is America’s top guns and ammunition retailer. (Reuters)

For a broader look at what's going on outside of Athens today, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens bar specials tonight

It’s Friday. You’ll likely be paying full price for drinks.

Here’s a gif of the man who was protesting the campus smoking ban by standing in the Hocking River with a sign yesterday.

Hocking River Man