Post Haste

Post Haste: Congrats, you survived the end of the world; Who are Ohio University's highest-paid workers?

What all Bobcats need to know for Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015:

When you step outside this morning, enjoy the fresh air a little more than unusual. It seems you’ve managed to avoid the apocalypse.

Some conspiracy theorists said Sept. 23, 2015 marked the arrival of the antichrist, citing Sir Isaac Newton’s writings on the matter. The Post had received no reports of antichrist sightings in Athens by press time.

Others point to a French dignitary who in May 2014 said the world had “500 days to avoid climate chaos.” In fairness, it was unusually warm for September yesterday.

Others maintain that the Pope visiting the U.S. for the first time yesterday spells doom for us all, especially considering we’ll see our fourth blood moon of the year Sunday, if we last that long.

It should be noted that OU’s football team is still slated to play Minnesota on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. You can catch the game on the Big Ten Network.

Weather

Sunny, a little wind and a high of 82 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab).

News

• We followed up on the email from OUPD about an ISIS-related Twitter account on campus. (The Post)

• Here’s a list of the ten highest-paid employees at Ohio University this year. (The Post)

• Three bands to play at Stuart's Opera House. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

No scores to report, but The Post’s sports staff has a story about Bobcats kicker Josiah Yazdani and his faith. (The Post)

You might also want to know ...

The CEO of Volkswagen resigned yesterday amid a carbon emissions scandal. (CNBC)

The happy birthday tune is now in the public domain after a federal judge ruled its copyright was invalid. (billboard)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $2.50 well drinks. $2.50 Cali Boy and Vegas Bombs

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 domestic, $3 Jameson, $2.50 Long Islands from 4-9 p.m.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu