Post Haste

Post Haste: ‘Post’ reporter unsuccessful in attempt to find serial class skippers; Marzec appeals conviction

“I’m wearing cargo shorts. Do you think I’ve missed a class?”

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015:

Welcome to your second Tuesday of the academic year.

In honor of week two, The Post attempted to find a serial class skipper. It should warm the hearts of professors everywhere to know that this was more difficult than expected.

Several students said they hadn’t yet missed a class. Some said they had, but just slept through it. Nothing malicious there. One student seemed offended to have even been queried.

“I’m wearing cargo shorts. Do you think I’ve missed a class?” Max McDulin, a freshman journalism student said.

So there you have it. Bobcats must go to class for at least one week.

Weather

High of 90 today with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• Some students are upset about the new printing system at Alden Library, which requires Bobcat Cash. (The Post)

• Former Student Senate President Megan Marzec is appealing the disorderly conduct conviction she received after marching in protest in uptown Athens last January. (The Post)

• A student is suing the OU chapter of the Chi Omega sorority after a door at the sorority house “completely severed” her achilles tendon. (The Post)

• The Athens Police Department fielded one sexual assault report over the weekend. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

Ohio volleyball will take a crack at nationally ranked Kentucky tonight. Catch the game at 7 p.m. on WatchESPN. (The Post)

You might also want to know....

Contrary to predictions, alcohol sales have risen in Colorado following the legalization of recreational cannabis. (The Guardian)

Gas prices nationwide reached their lowest point this year last week. The tumble is largely due to a major refinery in Indiana resuming production following repairs. (CBS)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens bar specials tonight

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $1.50 domestic pints. $2.50 Long Islands

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 margaritas, $1 off tequila shots from 4-9 p.m.

Thanks for reading The Post. Here’s a gif of a guy rappelling down the side of Lindley Hall.

Repel Lindley Hall