Post Haste

Post Haste: Discounted Chipotle coming for Halloween; Student who allegedly threatened police will appear in court

But wait for what could be long lines.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Monday, Oct. 26, 2015:

Chipotle on Court Street often has long lines stretching toward its front door.

Come Halloween, that line might be even longer.

As a part of Chipotle’s yearly Halloween special, “booritos,” tacos and salads are going to be $3 each starting at 5 p.m. on Oct. 31.

In case you didn’t know, (how could you?), the Athens Halloween Block Party falls on that date this year. So, be prepared to wait even longer than usual.

And there’s a catch. In order to get a cheap treat some might say is better than candy, you have to dress in a costume with an “unnecessary” addition.

Chipotle’s initiative is meant to raise awareness about “unnecessary” additives the company says are commonly tossed into other fast food.

The Post came up with a few ideas for your “unnecessary” addition to your Halloween costume:

• Add a bikini top to your toga

• Take those old chem goggles from freshman year, and put them on with any costume (unless you’re being anyone from Breaking Bad)

• Add a pirate hook hand to your sports jersey getup

Add anything that seems out of place, and you’re looking at a $3 burrito. But the line on South Court Street on Saturday could be a doozy.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here. 

Weather

High of 64. Brace yourselves: tomorrow will be much colder. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• There was a sit-in Friday about the recent staffing shake up at OUSAP. (The Post)

• A Post photo editor has some slick photos of one of Athens’ new breweries. (The Post)

• The student arrested for allegedly saying on social media he was going to “kill a cop” is set to appear in court today. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

It was a rough weekend for Ohio sports.

The football team lost Saturday at Buffalo. The volleyball team's win streak was snapped against Northern Illinois. Field hockey lost to Northwestern. Soccer lost to Central Michigan on the team’s senior day.

But hey, hockey split a weekend series at Illinois. So, there’s that.

You might also want to know....

The Coast Guard is working at combatting a petroleum leak from a Lake Erie shipwreck about 12 miles northeast of Sandusky. (Northeast Ohio Media Group)

Vice President Joe Biden, who recently announced he won’t be running for president, was on 60 Minutes last night. (CBS).

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $1.50 domestic pints.

Tony’s: $2.25 well drinks and free peanuts.

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $5 Bud Lite pitchers from 4-9 p.m.

@wintuck

hw333514@ohio.edu