Post Haste

Post Haste: 'Goosebumps' to hit theatres today; Ohio University has a light bulb problem

90s kids will love this.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Friday, Oct. 16, 2015:

The spookiest time of year is just beginning, and one movie studio is starting it off right.

Today is the official release date for Goosebumps, a Sony Pictures film that will draw heavily from the R.L. Stine series many college students grew up reading.

A brief rundown: A kid moves to a new neighborhood, meets a girl who happens to be R.L. Stine’s (Jack Black) daughter, and they get into a wacky predicament involving the "Goosebumps" novels.

IMDB gives the movie a 7.2/10, based on 499 user votes, as of last night.

You can catch the movie at the Athena Grand, 1008 E. State St., at 1 p.m., 4 p.m., 6:30 p.m and 9 p.m. The 9 p.m. showing is in 3D.

Weather

A little wind and a high of 65 degrees. Wear a jacket if you’ll be out tonight, as temperatures might dip into the 30s. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• OU’s Board of Trustees is working on a plan to lower costs for students. (The Post)

• Light bulbs have reportedly been stolen from Tanaka Hall and Carr Hall recently. (The Post)

• Yesterday was Love Your Body Day on campus. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

Ohio football will take on Western Michigan at home Saturday at 12:00 p.m.

Ohio hockey team will face Lindenwood at home this weekend.

You might also want to know....

A burglary suspect died following a police chase near Cleveland yesterday. Officers fatally shot the man after he exited his vehicle holding a gun. (CBS)

Government documents leaked Thursday reveal unmanned U.S. drones don’t often hit their intended targets. (WIRED)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu