Post Haste

Post Haste: Marijuana could be legalized in Ohio today; OU asks court to throw out baseball case

Today is election day.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015:

Today is election day.

So, if you haven’t yet thought about where you stand on the issues, now would be a good, and also the last, time to start. Here’s a quick breakdown of some of what’ll be on the ballot in Athens:

Issue 1: If passed, this amendment would make it harder for the dominant party in the Ohio to tailor legislative districts to favor itself.

Issue 2: This measure is aimed at bringing attention to any amendment that would create a state-sponsored monopoly. Some believe the measure mostly aims to sway voters away from a ‘yes’ on Issue 3.

Issue 3: If passed, pot would be legal in Ohio for medical and recreational use, though it would give the power to produce that marijuana to relatively few people, which some are calling a monopoly.

The Post’s editorial board has decided where it stands on the issues, and you can find those stances here. Additionally, now is a good time to remind you that the Athens County Board of Elections houses its own pet cat, named Pumpkin.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

You won’t have to fight the rain to make it to the polls: mostly sunny today. High of 73. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• OUPD received a report of voyeurism during the weekend. (The Post)

• There are new developments in the lawsuit a former OU athlete filed against the university. (The Post)

• An OU student was cited for underage drinking two days in a row last week. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

Ohio football is on T.V. tomorrow night. The Bobcats will take on the Bowling Green Falcons at 8:00 p.m. Catch the game on ESPN2.

You might also want to know....

President Obama yesterday announced an order to reduce discrimination against ex-convicts in federal agencies’ hiring processes. (NBC)

A drunk Nebraska woman was bitten by a tiger after breaking into a zoo Sunday.(NBC)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $1.50 domestic pints. $2.50 Long Islands

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 Margaritas, $1 off all tequila shots from 4-9 p.m.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu