T-Pain will be performing at Ohio University during Sibs Weekend.

T-Pain to perform at annual Sibs Weekend concert

Black Student Cultural Programing Board is hosting events for Sibs Weekend, including a concert with T-Pain as the headliner. 

Turn up the bass and turn up the treble because T-Pain is going to take Sibs Weekend to another level. 

T-Pain is headlining the annual Sibs Weekend concert hosted by the Black Student Cultural Programing Board, Jeffrey Billingslea, the president of the organization, said. The concert is taking place Feb. 6 at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium at 8 p.m.

The Black Student Cultural Programing Board wanted to have more student participation for choosing the headliner, Billingslea, a junior studying political science, said. After polling the students and researching multiple artists, he said T-Pain was still at the top of the list. 

“We did exhaust, extensively, every option on the list,” he said. “With scheduling, price range and our budget, we wanted to make sure we brought in who was best for OU.”

T-Pain is known for his hits “Buy U a Drank,” “I’m ‘N Luv (Wit a Stripper)” and a more recent release “Drinks All Around”. He has collaborated with Lil Wayne, Akon, Wiz Khalifa and more. T-Pain’s latest album was released in 2011, but he is planning for the release of his new album.

DJ Bandcamp, the official DJ of the Indiana Pacers, will be opening the show, Billingslea said.

“(DJ Bandcamp) was here last year with Waka Flocka (Flame) and he did a great job with that and getting the crowd hyped,” Billingslea said.

Usually the Black Student Cultural Programing Board, hosts a Battle of the Emcees to decide who will be opening the night for the Sibs Weekend Concert, but only one student signed up for the opportunity. Billingslea said the student who is performing is Brandon "B Flame" Brown, who is an OU student. 

Waka Flocka Flame headlined last year’s Sibs Weekend performance, which was a sold out show, Billingslea said. He added that T-Pain and Waka Flocka Flame have a similar style, but the difference for the concert is that T-Pain will have a live band with him for the concert.

During Sibs Weekend, the Black Student Cultural Programing Board will also host a talent show in Baker Ballroom on Friday. Doors open at 7 p.m. and it will be $3 to enter.

Billingslea said the winner will be chosen based on audience applauses and will be able to meet T-Pain.

An after-party is taking place at 10 p.m. in Baker Ballroom A with a $5 entry fee.

“It’s a big weekend. Not only do we have the university students available and looking to do fun things but we have their sibs here and sometimes even their friends,” Billingslea said. “We think that’s a great way to engage them.”

Tickets go on-sale at MemAud on Friday at noon. Tickets can be purchased at MemAud or by phone. At 2 p.m., tickets can be purchased online at the Sibs Weekend website and the MemAud website. Balcony seats are $15 and floor seats are $25. 

@Liz_backo

eb823313@ohio.edu