Jake Owen is one of the headliners for the second Country Night Lights festival in September 2016. 

via Flickr Creative Commons License. 

Jake Owen and Brett Eldredge are coming to Athens for the 2016 Country Night Lights

Prime Social Group has announced the first two acts for the second year of Country Night Lights.

Prepare for a “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” that might make people get “Drunk on Your Love” because Jake Owen and Brett Eldredge are coming to Athens.

Owen and Eldredge are headlining the second Country Night Lights, a two-day music festival hosted by Prime Social Group, according to a news release. The event will be Sept. 23 and 24 at The Venue on SR 56.

Owen and Eldredge are both headlining one night of the festival. Adam Lynn, co-founder of Prime Social Group, said the specific dates for the singers’ performances will be announced at a later date. More artists will be announced in the next four to six weeks, he added.

Owen began his country career in 2006 with the song “Yee Haw” but mostly is known for his No. 1 single on the country charts, “Barefoot Blue Jean Night.” Owen headlined the “Days of Gold” tour in 2014 and was joined by The Cadillac Three, the Eli Young Band and others.

Eldredge’s debut single “Raymond” came out in 2010, though he is better known by country radio for his 2012 hit “Don’t Ya.” Since then, Eldredge has released a stream of No. 1 hits, including “Mean to Me,” “Beat of the Music” and “Lose My Mind.”

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="a1ef5c84-bed3-11e5-9378-1b05eec10225"}}

In 2015, Eldredge co-headlined the “Suits and Boots” tour with singer Thomas Rhett.

Last year, Sam Hunt headlined Country Night Lights with openers Easton Corbin, Chase Bryant and more. The event had a ferris wheel, several bars and food trucks.

“I think a lot more people are going to know who Sam Hunt is, but I like both of these artists,” Allison Reed, a sophomore studying early childhood education, said. “I’m excited about it.”

Molly Lowery, a senior studying nutrition, said she has seen Owen perform several times and added that he really engages the crowd with an entertaining show.

“It’s definitely a family-geared event, but we do expect that the lineup will draw from high school and college kids, as well,” Lynn said. “We’re expecting a nice balance.”

According to The Venue’s policies, attendees cannot bring their own alcohol. It is unclear whether The Venue will provide transportation for the event. Lynn encouraged people to consider camping.

Prime Social Group purchased The Venue about a year ago according to a previous Post report, and the group is working to improve the streets, smoothing out the land and improving the setup for camping.

Two-day general admission tickets are on sale for $75, in addition to fees of $10.63. 

— Alex Darus contributed to this report

@liz_backo

eb823313@ohio.edu