Gillian Welch and others have been added to the 2016 Nelsonville Music Festival lineup.

Nelsonville Music Festival lineup gets a little louder with Gillian Welch, Lake Street Dive

Stuart's Opera House announced another round of additions to the lineup for the 12th-annual Nelsonville Music Fest.

Nelsonville, get ready to “Call Off Your Dogs” this June because that’s “The Way It Goes,” as Lake Street Dive and Gillian Welch have been added to the Nelsonville Music Festival 2016 lineup.

Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Gillian Welch and her musical partner David Rawlings will headline Saturday night of the festival June 4. Welch and Rawling’s music, which combines elements of Appalachian blues and bluegrass, has been described by The New Yorker as “at once innovative and obliquely reminiscent of past rural forms.”

The third round of lineup additions includes Lake Street Dive, Charles Bradley and the Extraordinaires and Nikki Lane.

Lake Street Dive’s seamless blend of R&B, ‘60s rock and soul — with its use of upright bass and trumpet —is geared to fit in well at Nelsonville, whose headliners include Randy Newman, Gary Clark Jr., and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats. Lake Street Dive’s fourth studio album Side Pony was released in February and features a refined slice of the band’s iconic blended tunes.

Saturday night will feature Lake Street Dive and Charles Bradley and the Extraordinaires, whose riveting live performances and funk-revivalist sound has made them sensational on independent funk and soul label Daptone Records. Bradley, who began his music career in 1996 working as a James Brown impersonator, was recently the subject of a documentary titled Soul of America, which chronicled the Bradley’s rise from homelessness on the streets of Brooklyn to some of the world’s biggest stages. Bradley’s appearance at Nelsonville should include new music from the band, as his album Changes is set to release April 1.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="e71e200c-e948-11e5-922a-cb62705b5c67"}}

Sunday night’s lineup has also received the addition of country music singer-songwriter Nikki Lane, who has been dubbed “the first lady of outlaw country.” Lane has released two albums so far, Walk of Shame and All or Nothin’, the latter having been produced by Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys, whom Lane met at a flea market.

See the full list of artists for the 2016 festival here.

Tickets for the festival are still available, with single day passes ranging from $50 to $75 and weekend passes starting at $140.

@broermazing

mb503414@ohio.edu