Here's 5 things to do instead of going to 14Fest

If walking three miles to a mud pit isn't your thing, try these other activities instead.

It’s the second to last weekend of the academic year, which for many means one thing: Number Fest. For others though, the $80 for a two-day pass isn’t worth it or isn’t even in their bank account.

So, here are five things to do as alternatives to trudging out to The Venue on Friday and Saturday.

1. Have a Number Fest in the comfort of your own home

Crank up your speakers and let that Fetty Wap play. You may not get the experience of live music, but you’ll also get to skip out on the mud and crazy strangers that the live music brings.

via GIPHY

1. Hit up the Fun Barn

Sad you’re missing out on the quintessential Athens scenery that comes with walking to Number Fest? A drive out to the Fun Barn offers something a little different from the day-to-day scenery around campus. Plus, the Fun Barn offers movies, pizza and games ... Move over Fetty Wap.  

via GIPHY

1. Check out the International Street Fair

Most people rarely get to leave the country. Some barely get to leave Athens. The International Street Fair is going on from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. So swing by Court Street for some cultural immersion just a short walk away. Also, did I mention you’ll have the chance to eat a wide array of food? Yup, that too.

via GIPHY

1. Crack open your book

I know, I know, that’s not fun. But let’s be honest you’ve already had several fest-filled weekends, and finals are creeping up real quick. *shrugs*

via GIPHY

1. Watch the Number Fest zombies trek back to town

Who needs to catch up on The Walking Dead when you can just watch the fest-goers walk back to campus? People will be dancing and sloshing around in mud for 12 hours, and the long walk back isn’t easy either. So watch your fellow Bobcats make the exhausting walk back like the undead.

via GIPHY 

@M_PECKable