Siblings John Mlynarski, right, and Andrew Mlynarski, left, both came to Ohio to hone their shared craft of golf.

Men's Golf: Ohio looks to focusing on Mid-American Conference Tournament

Ohio finishes in 12th place at Earl Yestingsmeier Memorial Invitational. 

Ohio sent its “B” team to the Earl Yestingsmeier Memorial Invitational in Muncie, Indiana, and finished in last place with an overall score of 96-over par.

Host Ball State won the event with a three-round score of 1086.

The Bobcats sent Brady Bohl, Tom Nettles, Ben Sattler, Brad Burgess, David Yang and Will Stines instead of their typical lineup of Sattler, Peyton White, Ty Herriott, Grant Engel and Mike Engelman.

12 competing teams played for two days during the 54-hole tournament.

Sattler led Ohio with a tie for 19th place, his highest finish of the year. He shot a total of 12-over par and had 11 birdies.

Sattler shot a a three round score of 222.

Nettles finished in a tie for 48th, having his best round in round two with a 75, 5-over par.

Bohl tied in 55th and Burgess tied for 59th. Bohl’s lowest round was a 6-over par and Burgess’ was a 5-over par.

Yang and Stines each participated in their first tournament of the season. Yang finished in a tie for 62nd, shooting 24-over par.

Stines finished in 72nd, shooting 39-over par on a three round score of 249.

For the Mid-American Conference Championship on April 28, Ohio will most likely send its usual lineup.

The Earl Yestingsmeier Memorial Invite, however, was a good chance for some golfers to take a tournament off and for coach Bob Cooley to see other talent he may have. 

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="a64badee-04b2-11e6-bb5d-bf8dd12da626"}}

Cooley and the team were not available for comment. 

Now the Bobcats will start to prepare for the MAC Championship Tournament, which will be led presumably by White. White has been Ohio's top golfer this season, leading the Bobcats in the previous two tournaments before this past weekend. 

The MAC Tournament is April 28-30 at Highland Meadows Golf Club in Sylvania, Ohio.

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu