Cherry blossoms stand in bloom near the Hocking River and The Convo. Many people gather to take photos and see the flowers during the spring. 

News Orientation Guide

Don't know what to bring to campus, or where to go grab coffee with your new roommate? Check out these stories.

Ohio University is known for being one of the prettiest college campuses in the state and even the country, which students often document on social media. College Green and Emeriti Park are some of the most Instagram-worthy spots around campus to take photos of during a four-year stay in Athens. Here are some of the best places to help make your Instagram feed the envy of all your followers.

On campus and throughout Athens, it helps to know who’s who. Here’s a handy guide to help you keep track of some of the key figures in local government and  at the university.

Student government plays a key role at Ohio University. Any student can attend the weekly general body meetings Wednesday night in room 235 of Walter Hall or stop by anytime in the Senate office in room 305 of Baker Center.

Looking to fill your Twitter-feed with everything Ohio University? Well, these Twitter accounts, unaffiliated with the university, are here to help. They will keep you up-to-date on the latest confession, crush and make out among other things related to Athens.

From Ohio University President Roderick McDavis announcing he will be stepping down in June 2017 to a new mayor of Athens being elected into office, a lot happened this past academic year.

Adjusting to college life can be a daunting task, but you don’t have to face it alone. If you’re struggling, help is available on campus. Here are some of the resources available.

Meeting new people also means coming into contact with new germs. Students said they wash their hands, wear gloves and sometimes, quarantine themselves to avoid getting sick.

Athens offers a variety of food options, but sometimes it’s a challenge to make the trek up Jeff Hill. Here are some local eateries that offer delivery options.

Wherever there’s free food, college students follow. From food offered at athletic games to “Flavor of the Week” on Baker Center’s first floor, OU and Athens offer many ways to grab free food.

Cheesy fries. Breakfast sandwiches. Stir fry. Dining hall food doesn’t have to be boring. A little bit of ingenuity and know-how can help spruce up your meal.

From do-it-yourself headboards to Pinterest-perfect picture letters, these projects are perfect to liven up a drab dorm room.

Moving into the dorms can be an exciting experience, but it also comes with some responsibilities. Learn the rights and restrictions of dorm life.

Leave the toaster ovens and waffle irons at home or else you will see a $25 fine for having prohibited items in your dorm. There are several items not allowed in residence halls, according to OU’s Student Housing Handbook. Also, don’t plan on putting a hot tub in your dorm. Check out some ways to avoid fines during freshman year. 

Looking to get out of Athens for a short day trip? These places offer outdoor and indoor activities within about an hour drive from campus.

Don't let the "freshman 15" get the best of your first year at OU. Here's a list of ten of the best spaces to exercise on and around Ohio University’s campus. 

For some Ohio University students, going to college means crossing state lines. Because a drive home may be out of the question, a trip by plane at the Port Columbus International Airport may be necessary. OHIO Transportation Services and the GoBus can provide students a ride up to Port Columbus for a fee.