The Do-Mates: Meet the Do-mates

Hi there, we’re the DO-mates. If you’re looking to live vicariously through the myriad of mishaps and misadventures of two Ohio University students, then you’ve come to the right place.

This column is going to be focused on us, two young women who live together, Sydney and Juli, who embark on a multitude of exploits chosen for us, or by us, depending upon how good your ideas are.

Anyway, a bit about us. Juli is a journalism major and she’s specializing in women’s gender and sexuality studies, a topic that she sometimes gets a little too passionate about, but hey we all have our flaws right? She loves to read about human rights, watch TV series on repeat and make people laugh, more often than not, by perfectly quoting The Office.

Sydney on the other hand has picked up a specialization in publication design and German. She’s utterly unfocused — her fatal flaw — but this leads to her trying oodles of odd things. She tried taking a ballet class, baking cakes out of her home and traveled to 16 different cities in one semester abroad. We’re living together in an apartment on Court St. for our first off-campus experience and taking classes together. It’s really cute that we’re writing this column together, believe me, we know.

In this weekly column we’ll discuss the trials and tribulations we experience as we fumble our way through a list of out-of-our-comfort-zone activities. We’re down to try just about anything, whether it be cheap beauty regimens, off-beat recipes or lifestyle changes. We might even try to go to the bars every night one week (we’re still not entirely sure how people do that).

Help us out and suggest new things to try by sliding into our Twitter DMs, or, you know, you can just email us too. We want to make the most of our time living together and hope that our feats bring you closer to your OHIO experience and give you a good laugh. Participate in our triumphs and blunders by following up with us every Wednesday.

Juli Holbert and Sydney Otto are juniors studying journalism at Ohio University. Have suggestions for their next adventure? Let them know by emailing or tweeting them at jh673913@ohio.edu/@juliangela_ or so828613@ohio.edu/@sydneynotsydney respectively.