The Athena Cinema on September 1, 2015. (LIZ MOUGHON | FOR THE POST)

Here are the movies you should see in September

Now that the first week of classes is over, students can relax a little bit as they get the hang of their workload. Whether one has had a stressful or laid-back week, everyone deserves a break to rejoice in the fact that they made it through the beginning of school. So head to the nearest theater and check out these five films in September:

Sept. 9: Sully 

This film relives the events of the so-called "Miracle on the Hudson," when Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger landed US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River without losing a passenger and the legal disputes that followed. The talented and sage Tom Hanks plays the title character. Hanks looks slightly older in this role, and it is not only due to the stark white hair that he dons — Hanks is stepping into more serious roles as he ages. Another Hollywood A-lister took a role behind the camera: Clint Eastwood, who directed the movie. Though the Academy Awards are far-off, Sully appears to have all of the elements of an Oscar nominee.

Sept. 16: Bridget Jones’s Baby

This film picks up 15 years after Bridget Jones (Renée Zellweger) wrote in her diary. This time around, she is writing about her baby-daddy problems. Patrick Dempsey plays Jack, possible father of her child No. 1. But when her ex returns (Colin Firth), they also hook-up. So he could also be the father. As one can imagine, the battle between the two men becomes a central conflict. Those looking for a light-hearted film to watch with a group of friends should go see this movie.

Sept. 23: The Magnificent Seven

This western is a remake of a 1960 film of the same name. The remake has a huge cast of gunslingers, including Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke and Peter Sarsgaard. The cowboys’ mission is to help a village get revenge on theives. The film should be action-packed with a touch of comedy.

Sept. 23: Storks

We usually think of storks as deliverers of babies, but in this Warner Bros. flick, they've begun delivering packages instead. With one baby delivery remaining, the best stork deliverer and its human-helper — Junior (Andy Samberg) and Tulip (Katie Crown), respectively — are sent to drop off the baby to its owners. The film seems to take on a family-friendly feel, but that doesn’t mean adults can’t enjoy it, too.

Sept. 30: Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children 

This film comes to life through the creative mind of its director, Tim Burton. The film is based on the book of the same name by Ransom Riggs. Like the novel, the film follows Jacob Portman (Asa Butterfield) who finds a mysterious land where peculiar children — hence the title — live and hide. Miss Peregrine (Eva Green) facilitates the house and watches over the children. The trailer does not reveal much of the plot, but audiences should expect mystery and thrills when they experience the film theaters.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu