Evelyn Bruegman, left, and Max Wolff, right, make Frappuccinos in Front Room on Sunday, August 28, 2016. Front Room recently expanded the number of Frappuccinos they offer. (ALEX DRIEHAUS | DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY)

Campus Cafés at Ohio University expand Frappuccino menus

This summer has been a hot one, but now Ohio University students can cool off in campus cafés with a greater variety of Frappuccinos.

Strawberries & Crème, Mocha, Coffee, Caramel and Vanilla Bean flavors were available last academic year, and during the summer, four more Frappuccino flavors were introduced in The Front Room Coffeehouse, Southside Espresso Bar and Steam Station Café, according to OU spokesman Dan Pittman. The new flavors include: Java Chip, White Chocolate Mocha, Double Chocolaty Chip and White Chocolate Crème.

Customers can also customize and order all three sizes of Frappuccinos now, whereas previously only size grande was available, Pittman added. Starbucks Cold Brew coffee is also newly available.

“I worked for nine hours a day, and it was nonstop Frappuccino-loving people,” Stephanie Carnicom, a student leader at Front Room, said about her first day working this semester. “People always ... (wanting) the Frappuccinos was a big push for it, and I think, just, people are happier.”

She added that customers have been “insanely” excited about the new additions.

Blake Baker, a sophomore studying journalism, said he is happy to see the menu expanded after buying a White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino on Sunday.

“They did not have that last year,” Baker said. “They have a bunch of different stuff up there.”

Carly McFadden, a freshman studying journalism, said she likes the change. She added that she doesn’t usually drink Frappuccinos, but once in a while she is “in the mood” for a dessert-like drink.

Cassie Wirtz, a sophomore studying communication studies, said she went to Front Room four times within the first week of the semester to buy Frappuccinos.

“Oh my God, I love Frappuccinos,” Wirtz said, adding it’s nice considering it’s “been so hot this summer.”

She added that it was “100 percent” a good idea to expand the menu.

@M_PECKable

mp172114@ohio.edu