Pet Instagram Review: Alpaca who enjoys car rides, beach walks, grapes

As the summer comes to a close, Pet Instagram Review is coming into its second year. After a brief hiatus, the blog returns with this week’s star: Chew Paca (@chew_paca). 

Chew Paca is an alpaca whose name is appropriate given the thick coat of fur he’s sports.

Alpacas are animals from the camelid family and thus are related to both camels and llamas. According to the Alpaca Owners Association, Alpacas may spit to express their annoyance, and “from time to time alpacas do spit at people on purpose, but it is more common that humans get caught in the crossfire between alpacas.”

“Chewy,” as he is called by his owners, was given as a Christmas present to a boy named Matt who loves alpacas, according to The (Adelaide) Messenger. After that, Chewy was on track to be an Instagram star.

Quality of Pictures

Almost all of the pictures seem to be taken on a phone, but they are well-lit and well-composed. Chewy seems to be a natural and is shown walking on a beach during sunset, eating just about everything in sight and smiling with a crooked-toothed alpaca smile. He even seems to enjoy riding in the back seat of the car.

Feeling the love ❤️#alpaca #chewythealpaca

A photo posted by Chewpaca (@chew_paca) on

Rate of Posts

The account kind of suffers here. Posts are somewhat rare — only popping up every few weeks or so. But when they do show up, you will be pleasantly surprised with, say, a picture of an alpaca eating grapes.

Signup for Post Haste, our daily newsletter, to stay up to date with local news, the day's weather and uptown drink specials.

Cuteness of Pet

Alpacas aren’t known for their gracefulness or their looks. However, Chew Paca is a pretty handsome alpaca and is very photogenic. He appears to also be friendly and fun, the kind of alpaca that would always be up for a drive to the beach.

Rating: ⅘

The pictures don’t show up very often and aren’t high-quality, but those are minor downsides to an overall pretty solid account. Hopefully Chewy will stand the test of time and continue to model for his Instagram followers.

Leaving strange footprints #chewythealpaca #alpacasofinstagram

@seanthomaswolfe

sw399914@ohio.edu