Post Haste: Parents weekend begins; freshman walk-on to start at running back

Today is Friday, Sept. 23, 2016. Here's what you need to know:

News from The Post

• The Black Student Union and NAACP held meeting Thursday to discuss the controversial campus graffiti found earlier this week. (The Post)
  • Injury problems mean the football team is relying on a walk-on freshman running back in this week's matchup. (The Post

Good morning,

Parents Weekend starts today, so families are likely flocking to Athens this weekend to celebrate.

The University has planned a number of activities for students and parents, and here are a few of them:

• Coffee with a Cop - 8 AM, Friday at Front Room Coffeehouse (Free)
  • There’s No Place Like HOUme Brunch - 9 AM and 11 AM, Saturday at Baker Center Ballroom ($15)
  • Hocking Hills Hike - 10 AM, Saturday at Ping Recreation Center ($20)
  • Ohio Football vs. Gardner-Webb - 2 PM, Saturday at Peden Stadium ($30 general admission, free for students)
  • Stargazing and Campfire - 8 PM, Friday and Saturday at Ping Recreation Center ($10)

Find more information on The Post's website. The Ohio University website has a full list of Parents Weekend events.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

A hot one. Mostly sunny and high of 90 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Volleyball is home against Akron and Buffalo this weekend. Soccer will play Bowling Green tonight and Toledo Sunday

You might also want to know...

Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby was charged with manslaughter after fatally shooting an unarmed black man. (NBC News)

500 million Yahoo! accounts were hacked in what is thought to be one of the largest data breaches ever. (USA Today)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu