Post Haste: Pawpaw Festival this weekend; 'West Wing' actor in Athens today

Today is Friday, Sept. 16, 2016. Here's what you need to know:

News from The Post

• An art collective wants the now-removed Roger Ailes plaque from the Radio-Television Building. (The Post)
  • The West Wing’s Richard Schiff will be in Athens this afternoon campaigning for Hillary Clinton.      (The Post)

Good morning,

If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, look no further than Lake Snowden, where hordes of people will be congregate to celebrate Asimina triloba, a fruit native to Southeast Ohio.

Lost? Asimina triloba is more commonly known as the pawpaw (or papaw or West Virginia Banana or custard-apple), and this weekend Lake Snowden will play host to the Pawpaw Festival.

Things to do at the festival include: tasting various pawpaw treats, drinking pawpaw beer, competing in a pawpaw eating contest and many others. The festival starts this afternoon and runs through Sunday.

In July, National Geographic named the Pawpaw Festival the best food festival in Ohio.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Partly cloudy, no rain and a high of 87 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The football team is taking on No. 15 Tennessee this weekend. The volleyball team is headed to Virginia this weekend for some non-conference matchups.

You might also want to know …

The U.S. officially recalled one million Galaxy Note 7s on Thursday. (CNN Money)

A Columbus police officer fatally shot a 13-year-old black boy Wednesday after he pulled out what was later found to be a BB gun. (Reuters)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu