Post Haste: Roger Ailes newsroom story gains traction; OU College Republicans endorsed Trump

Today is September 9, 2016. Here's what you need to know:

News from The Post

• The OU College Republicans endorsed Donald Trump Wednesday night. (The Post)
  • Soulja Boy is coming to Athens. (The Post)

Good morning,

A developing story related to Ohio University has received widespread media attention recently and a student group on campus fanned the flames even further this week.

On Tuesday night, Ohio University’s Graduate Student Senate voted to remove former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes’ name from WOUB’s newsroom in the Radio-Television Center. Since then, The Washington Post, CNN Money, Talking Points Memo and other national news outlets have taken notice.

Ailes, an OU alumnus, became the newsroom’s namesake following a $500,000 donation to the university in 2007.

After 20-plus public allegations of sexual harassment, Ailes stepped down as CEO of Fox News this summer. Fox recently agreed to pay former Fox anchor Gretchen Carlson $20 million in the wake of the harassment revelation.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

High of 83 degrees with a 60 percent chance of scattered showers during the day. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab

You might also want to know …

The Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers squared off in a rematch of Super Bowl 50 in the NFL’s first game of the season Thursday. (FiveThirtyEight)

Rejoice, Trekkies! Star Trek turned 50 yesterday. (The Seattle Times)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

jp351014@ohio.edu

@Jonny_Palermo