Post Haste: Ailes' name to be removed from newsroom; exploding smartphones

Today is September 13, 2016. Here's what you need to know:

News from The Post

• Roger E. Ailes Newsroom is no more, as President McDavis announced during a meeting Monday that Ailes' name will be removed from a WOUB newsroom. (The Post)
  • The Ohio Board of Pharmacy announced that 1,000 pharmacies in 79 out of 88 counties in Ohio can now dispense the drug naloxone to prevent death from overdose. (The Post)

Those upset with the iPhone 7’s lack of headphone jack may want to hold off before switching their smart phone allegiance to Samsung.

On Tuesday Samsung drew attention when its Galaxy Note 7 burned a 6-year-old boy in Brooklyn after the phone’s batteries “exploded,” according to an Ars Technica report.

The company had previously recalled more than two million of its newly released Galaxy Note 7s on Sept. 2 after 35 reports of the batteries catching fire when charging, according to the report.

But if you're a Samsung user about to take off from recently-renamed John Glenn Columbus International Airport, don’t worry: The FAA said passengers can still bring Galaxy Note 7s, but they “strongly encourage” passengers to not turn on, charge or store them in checked baggage.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning?Register here.

Weather

It’s not looking too different than yesterday with clear skies and a high of 86. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report, but here's a preview of the football team's matchup against Tennessee this weekend.

You might also want to know …

The NCAA announced it will not hold championship games in North Carolina due to state laws targeting LGBT people. (The New York Times)

Even if Donald Trump loses the election in November, he can still spend time in the nation's capital at the hotel he opened just blocks from the White House. (Reuters)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.