Post Haste: Fall is here; activists take to courthouse in Tyre King demonstration

Today is Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016. Here's what you need to know:

News from The Post

• Activists created a memorial for Tyre King on the steps of the courthouse for much of the day Wednesday. (The Post)
  • The Post got some updates on the construction on the buildings impacted by a fire on Union Street nearly two years ago. (The Post)

Good morning,

Get ready for sweater weather, Bobcats, because today is the first day of autumn.

The fall equinox, which falls on Sept. 22 this year in the Northern Hemisphere, marks the end of summer: a 24-hour period with roughly an equal amount of daytime and nighttime.

It splits the period between the longest day of the year — the summer solstice — and the shortest day of the year — the winter solstice.

While news of the end of summer may disappoint some, the promise of cooler weather is appealing to those sweating through their t-shirts on the way to class. And to be fair, climatologists have said this summer was particularly brutal.

It’s now officially time to Instagram College Green’s soon-to-be vibrant colors and grab a pumpkin spice latte from the the nearest coffee joint. Happy fall!

Weather

Sunny with a high of 86 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The men’s cross country team finished third at the Virginia Tech Alumni Invitational tournament in Virginia last weekend. The women’s team finished second. Additionally, if you’re wondering why OU’s football team has been so bad at scoring touchdowns this year, we took a look into that. (Link)

You might also want to know …

A Boston court on Tuesday said black men in the city might have legitimate reasons to flee police and the act shouldn’t be considered suspicious. (WBUR)

For a short time Monday, the world had access to North Korea’s internet — and it only had 28 websites. (CNBC)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.