College Gateway is opening soon; Man arraigned in connection to vehicle thefts

Today is Thursday, Oct. 6. Here's what you need to know: 

News from The Post

• A man stopped in connection with a string of vehicle thefts in Athens was arraigned Wednesday (The Post)
  • OU students broke a world record Wednesday. (The Post)

Good Morning,

For the many among us that absolutely adore all things construction — the yellow tape, the unfinished and unsightly architecture, the ear-piercing sounds of a jackhammer, and the impossible-to-navigate traffic — we here at The Post have a terrible bit of news that could send you into a depressive tailspin of massive proportions.

Late last week, Ohio University announced through its Compass news site that construction on the Class Gateway on College Green, which began last spring, will be finished in time for commencement of the much anticipated Homecoming weekend festivities.

The grand re-opening itself is set to take place Saturday prior to the already unreasonably early 10 a.m. Homecoming Parade and will indeed feature a formal ribbon cutting ceremony, as well as special remarks by university officials.

For photos of the Class Gateway over the years, click here.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

We’ve got a decently toasty one in store, folks. A high of 78, with minimal to no chance of snow. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The volleyball team will take on Kent State tonight. 

You might also want to know…

• Hurricane Matthew kills 11 as it moves toward U.S. (USA Today)
  • An NSA contractor faces 10 years in prison after being accused of stealing classified information. (BBC News)
  • The Dow Jones Industrial Average posted its first gain of the quarter Wednesday. (USA Today)

@lamp_offington

rm203015@ohio.edu