Anti-Donald Trump messages were written in chalk at locations around College Green late Thursday night.

F--k Rape Culture writes ‘Donald Trump is a rapist’ across campus

F--k Rape Culture took to the sidewalks of Ohio University's campus to accuse Donald Trump of sexual assault.

The group wrote “Donald Trump is a rapist” in chalk near Morton Hill, Schoonover Center, the Alumni Gateway, Scripps Hall, Gordy Hall and Baker Center.

Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, has made offensive comments about women in the past, senior Claire Seid said, but the tipping point for FRC members was the recently leaked video of Trump talking with Billy Bush from 2005.

In the recording, Trump claimed he could do anything to women because of his celebrity status, including “grab(bing) ‘em by the p---y.” Since the release of the video, several women have come forward to accuse Trump of sexually assaulting them.

“Not a lot of thought” went into the chalk writings, Seid, the organizer of F--k Rape Culture, said. The group came up with the idea at 8:30 p.m. Thursday night and executed the plan at 8:40 p.m.

“We were trying to inform as well as bring awareness to his ridiculousness that a rapist would run for president and be supported,” Seid said.

Seid’s evidence for that claim is a woman’s accusation of alleged sexual assault by Trump when she was 13 years old. The lawsuit was recently given an initial status conference in December.

Meghan Hickman, a freshman studying business, passed by the chalk drawings on Morton on her way to class. The crude language may reflect negatively on OU Hickman said, especially as high school tour groups make their way around campus.

“I was a little surprised because it’s vulgar,” Hickman said. “I don’t really want the tours to see that. I don’t want to them to think of OU like that.”

Sam Miller, president of OU’s College Democrats, agreed that Trump has made sexist comments and is a problematic candidate, but said FRC could’ve gone about it differently.

“I have a lot of respect for FRC, but they should’ve offered more of a discussion rather than plastering it all over campus,” Miller said. “They should let students know what these allegations are because some people don’t even know about it.”

David Parkhill, president of OU’s College Republicans, believes the claims against Trump are “bogus.”

“You have to look at both candidates,” Parkhill said. “Hillary Clinton has threatened and tried to silence those women her husband has sexually assaulted. … It’s Hillary’s actions in the past 30 years versus Trump’s words and now these accusations that they will hopefully prove false.”

Although he may not agree with the words written all over campus, Parkhill defends FRC’s right to express free speech.

“I’m a huge proponent of free speech and those students used their First Amendment right to write these things,” Parkhill said. “It’s in their rights to do so.”

@AbbeyMarshall

am877915@ohio.edu