Halloween is coming up; Caffeine is really bad for you

Here’s what you need to know for Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016:

News from The Post

• The Ohio University Foundation paid $400,000 for property on West Union Street last year. That space will become a parking lot. (The Post)
  • You may not drink as much coffee as some people, but too much can still do bad things to your health. (The Post)

Good Morning,

Halloween is less than three weeks away, and people have started planning their costumes for the Athens Halloween Block Party on Saturday, Oct. 29. Recently, CBS News released a list of the most popular Halloween costumes for 2016, so here’s a sneak preview of what to expect.

Movie Characters

Not only did 2016 produce some memorable flicks but also some very stylish characters. Harley Quinn, Rey, Deadpool and even Nemo and Dory are all projected to be popular costumes this year.

Politicians

People love dressing as politicians, especially during election years, so it’s no surprise to see Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton on the list. What is surprising, however, is that “sexy” Trump costumes are actually a thing.

Pokémon

The Pokémon GO! phenomenon has fizzled somewhat, but lots of costumes related to the popular app — Pokémon trainers, Pikachu and even Poke Balls — are probable.

Prince

It’s been nearly six months since Prince passed away, and fans are bound to pay tribute to the singer’s iconic look with their Halloween costumes. Don’t be surprised if you see a lot of Purple Rain this season.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of scattered late morning rain showers. High of 65. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Soccer tied with Valparaiso Wednesday night.

You might also want to know …

McDonald’s will limit the appearance of Ronald McDonald until the clown craze is over. (Fox News)

Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf has retired amid the company’s phony account scandal. (Forbes)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu