Ohio's Greg Windham runs the ball down the field during a game against Bowling Green at Peden Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Football: Ohio beats Bowling Green 30-24 in Homecoming game

Troy Watson said this week that the Bobcats, playing a team that's tormented them for years, were looking for revenge.

They got it.

Ohio beat Bowling Green 30-24 on Saturday at Peden Stadium. It was the first win for the Bobcats over the Falcons since 2011. In the previous four meetings, Bowling Green outscored Ohio 168-51.

The Bobcats used a 20-point second quarter to take a 23-7 halftime lead. Ohio never trailed. 

Quarterback Greg Windham responded well from his poor performance last weekend to go 27-of-40, throwing for 190 yards on the day with one touchdown and one interception. Ohio had 386 of yards on the day compared to Bowling Green's 367. 

It was a balanced rushing attack for the Bobcats, as three different ball-carriers carry the load. Bo Hardy, Maleek Irons and Windham each carried their weight in the run game, rushing for 183 yards between the three of them. Hardy led the group with 83 yards on 16 carries. Irons scored two touchdowns on the ground.

The Ohio defense pressured the Bowling Green offense into three interceptions on the day. Javon Hagan and Blair Brown led the Bobcats in tackles with nine. The team also had three sacks on the day. 

The Bobcats moved to 4-2 with the win, including 2-0 in the Mid-American Conference. The Falcons fell to 1-5 and 0-2 in the conference. Ohio now holds a two-game lead over Bowling Green in the MAC East –– with the tiebreaker in hand.

@Andrew_Gillis70

ag079513@ohio.edu