Pet Instagram Review: Tod and Bikke take bites out of seeds and hearts

While squirrels are the star rodents around campus here at Ohio University, another small critter can often also be seen scurrying around: chipmunks. They are often seen as pests due to their tendency to burrow into gardens and yards, but some people choose to keep them as pets.

Bikke and Tod (@bikke_the_chip) are featured in this week’s Pet Instagram Review. They are two chipmunks who appear to live in Japan, based on the Japanese text on the page.

Quality of Pictures

There are plenty of high-quality photos taken on a camera featured on this page and the chipmunks have proven to be very adequate models. Infamous for their love of nuts, you’ll see plenty of photos of their chipmunk cheeks stuffed to the brim. In fact, most of the pictures show either of the chipmunks eating in some manner. The others depict them sitting in different containers or wearing tiny hats. Many of the hats seem to be custom-made for Bikke and Tod, crafted to perfectly fit their tiny chipmunk heads.

Rate of Posts

You’ll see around three to four posts a day, with a mix of videos and pictures. Many of the descriptions are hard to read if you’re not familiar with Japanese, however. At times you’ll probably be a little confused about what’s happening, but sometimes it’s best not to ask questions. Luckily, they seem to have a partial English translation at the top of the description.

Cuteness of Pet

Bikke and Tod are very cute. If you enjoy watching chipmunks eat while wearing tiny hats, this account is for you. The best posts on this account feature them with their cheeks full of food and it’s very impressive how much they can stuff in there. These chipmunks sure know how to eat.

Rating: ⅘

The photography is where this account shines, as most of the pictures are well-composed and exposed. And it helps that the chipmunks certainly know how to pose, giving dramatic looks both to and away from the camera. If you feel your timeline is lacking some rodents, give this account a shot.

@seanthomaswolfe

sw399914@ohio.edu