From The Editor's Desk: Post Haste is our digital, daily paper equivalent

Since The Post’s staff members have started passing out the weekly print edition near College Gate each week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have been able to notice (and attempt to interpret) a usual trend: Readers are not always aware that The Post publishes content to thepostathens.com every day classes are in session, too. Some have been kind enough to stop while I help them type the link onto their smartphone, or follow us on Twitter @ThePost or like us on Facebook.

Our online analytics, though, have not taken a cut deep enough to suggest that our website has been overlooked by Ohio University students, faculty or Athens community members — perhaps just that The Post has two divided audiences for print and online content. That is just fine, of course, but it is of the utmost importance to our staff that the news finds you as soon as you begin to look for it. If we are only publishing print content on Thursdays, we would hope that readers would stop by thepostathens.com on occasion to see what is going on Uptown and on campus.

Luckily, there is a remedy for those readers who do not want to utilize a web browser each day: Post Haste, our daily email newsletter that was first created The Post’s then-digital managing editor Sam Howard.

Post Haste circulates to about 250 email inboxes each morning around 6:30 a.m., and features a short story readers may care about at that moment, a few of The Post’s top headlines from that day, the weather, Ohio’s game scores and more.

I know I am biased, but I personally think it is a pretty nifty way to wake up each morning. It is an easy, surefire way to make sure that The Post’s readers are not missing the most important news of the day, and we hope it is the near-equivalent to picking a paper up from our editors (or at any of our newsstands around campus or Uptown).

Readers can subscribe to Post Haste on our website and should start receiving the newsletter the following morning. As always, please let our staff members know how we can improve this product to better serve the reader. We simply hope to serve you the highest-quality, most-informative news, and we believe this is a pretty great way to do that.

Emma Ockerman is a senior studying journalism and editor-in-chief of The Post. Want to talk to her? Email her at eo300813@ohio.edu or tweet her @Eockerman.