Amethyst is displayed at Cool Digs on October 24, 2016. Some people use the minerals found at Cool Digs for crystal magic. (EMILY MATTHEWS | PHOTO EDITOR)

Tarots and telling the future: Psychic fair to take place on Saturday

Students and locals will be able to see into their future and try alternative health techniques in Athens this weekend.

The Holistic Health and Psychic fair will take place this Saturday at the Athens Community Center. Admission is $5 and there will be free lectures throughout the day.

Some of the lectures include “Healing Tones Blessings” presented by Eric Schatz, and “Hypnosis and Mind Control” presented by Ron Docie.

Professional mediums and psychics will make appearances and give readings. Vendors will be selling stones, jewelry, candles, books and more. There will also be angel art and aura photography.

As for those interested in the health side, there will be natural body therapies from a variety of practitioners to provide services such as Reiki healing and vibration energy.

“I think it’s going to be a mystic experience,” Sierra Smith, a freshman studying finance, said. “I’m excited to learn something spiritual about myself.”

Others are just as excited about learning more about themselves.

“I’ve always been really fascinated by the supernatural,” Lael Long, a freshman studying journalism, said. “I can’t say whether I believe in everything or not, but it would be very interesting to see what the psychics have to say.”

Carol Borkoski has been working Holistic Health and Psychic fairs for 12 years and is a co-host of the event. She said that she has been able to speak with angels since she was a child.

“I’ve always been involved with the metaphysical world," Borkoski said.

The fair provides a collection of new experiences for all goers on this Halloween weekend in Athens. Attendants can get their tarot cards read and take part in personal growth and wellness workshops, according to the website.

“I expect to help people expand consciousness and knowledge,” Borkoski said. “There’s a little bit of everything for those who believe.”

@becca_woj

rw243615@ohio.edu