Letter: Support for Sarah Grace

I support Sarah Grace for our next Ohio State Representative. I urge others to join me in voting for her.

Ms. Grace is my choice for the following reasons.

Sarah Grace strongly supports the repair and expansion of our area’s critical infrastructure which the current administration has chosen to ignore. Our roads, bridges, water supplies and waste water treatment systems’ repair, replacement and expansion are underfunded despite a state surplus of 2 billion dollars. Job growth depends on good and adequate infrastructure. Sarah Grace will fight for it.

Sarah Grace strongly supports the expansion of the Internet broadband to all our district not just for the chosen few in richer parts of the state. High speed, reliable, secure, and affordable Internet broadband is absolutely necessary for job growth and for jobs that pay more than a living wage. The state must invest in this new critical infrastructure as much as it did in roads and airports 50 years ago under Governor Jim Rhoads. Sarah Grace will fight for it.

Ms. Grace believes passionately that all Ohio children not only deserve but have the basic human right to high quality education no matter their parent’s income, social class, or geographic location. More funding is necessary from the state and its time the state pays for the benefit it receives for a highly educated and trained workforce. Sarah Grace will fight for it.

I could go on but these three reason are enough for me to vote for Sarah Grace as our next state representative. I urge others to do so. Sarah Grace will fight for us.

Jeff Risner is a city councilman for Athens, Ohio.