Provided via Wikimedia Commons

To celebrate the first 10 years of Taylor Swift, here are some of her best songs

Monday marked a very important milestone in the music industry — 10 years ago, Taylor Swift released her self-titled album and blessed music listeners with her relatable songwriting and raw sound.

Taylor got her start in country music, singing with a signature twang and rocking cowboy boots and flowy dresses. She was only 16 when her album was released, which has sold 6 million copies worldwide, according to Taylor Swift Now.

Since her self-titled album, Taylor has released a new album every two years. Her most recent album, 1989, sold 9.5 million copies and debuted at No. 1.

To celebrate her achievements and her career, here are the best three songs off each of her albums:

Taylor Swift

“Tim McGraw” — This song kicked off T-Swift’s music career and introduced us to her country side.

“Teardrops on My Guitar” — Swift let listeners know she’s not afraid to name drop in her songs.

Via giphy.com

“Picture to Burn” — The song is a breakup anthem every girl can relate to, especially for those with boyfriends who wouldn’t let them drive their pick-up trucks.

Fearless

“Love Story” — The song tells the classic story of Romeo and Juliet, but makes it a little more relevant to every day. Here’s a fun fact: I went to prom my freshman year and mimicked T-Swift’s up-do in the music video.

“You Belong With Me” — For all those people who are too afraid to talk to their crush, this song is for you.

Via giphy.com

“Forever and Always” — Swift wrote this song about her famous ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas, which is why this song is so iconic.

Speak Now

“Back to December” — Even though T-Swift didn’t name drop, everyone knows this song is about ex-boyfriend Taylor Lautner. The most telling signs are the lyrics in the bridge: “I miss your tan skin, your sweet smile,” both signature traits of Lautner.

Via giphy.com

“Speak Now” — Swift’s lyrics are great in “Speak Now.” She uses vivid imagery and paints a picture for listeners.

“Enchanted” — Like the title, this song is truly enchanting.

Red

“Red” — T-Swift must have gotten an A+ in English because this song is full of great metaphors and similes.

“All Too Well” — Do you have an ex that didn’t make you feel very good? Evidently Swift did too, and she wrote a song about it.

“22” — The song that is still played at everyone’s 22nd birthday.

Via giphy.com

1989

“Blank Space” — Remember, Swift has a “long list of ex lovers,” not “lonely Starbucks lovers.”

Via giphy.com

“Bad Blood” — The music video is EPIC and introduced the world to her #Squad.

“New Romantics” — Swift honored her fans with this song and featured her 1989 concert experience in the video.

Congratulations, Swift. Hopefully she will be around for another 10 years.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu