Michael O'Malley is a senior studying political science at Ohio University.

For what it's Worth: Best places to eat in Athens after 2 a.m.

Last week I talked about my least favorite drunk food locations. To counterbalance that, this week I'll talk about what I, personally, consider to be the crème de la crème of 2 a.m. eateries:

4. Pita Pit

Pita Pit doesn’t feel like drunk food. Pita Pit is simply too nice for its 3 a.m. closing time. The food here is clean, delicious and pretty healthy, so when you wake up tomorrow, you will love yourself for having eaten here. For me, however, Pita Pit is not the most satisfying drunk food and healthy isn’t necessarily what I am looking for at two in the morning. Furthermore, this place gets pretty expensive for me when I inevitably ball out, buying double meat, chips and a drink.

3. Souvlaki’s

Souvlaki’s is an institution in Athens with a history that stretches back 30 years. The food here is delicious and greasy in exactly the right way. Even if the food is a bit pricey, it's worth the price. The downside associated with this place is the massive lines which appear at 2 a.m. and don’t subside until the place closes down.

2. Wings Over

Simply put, Wings Over is the best food available after the bars shut down; the food is totally satisfying and absolutely delicious. While it is possible to get sick of this place, the only reason it does not top my list is the price. In all likelihood your meal is going to cost you more than $12 and that’s a lot of money to shell out on a college budget.

1. Union Street Diner

Coming in at No. 1 is my hands down favorite place in Athens, USD. There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this place. Open 24/7 and serving a wide variety of foods — ranging from breakfast to dessert — all of which are delicious and relatively inexpensive. Aside from the food, the service and environment are awesome, providing ample opportunities for incredible people watching. I honestly cannot recommend this place enough.

Michael O'Malley is a senior studying political science at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. How do you feel about drunk food in Athens? Email your thoughts to Michael at mm913812@ohio.edu.