Here's how to vote; Republicans divided

Here’s what you need to know for Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016:

News from The Post

Good morning,

After over 16 months of campaign stops, news articles and debates, the 45th U.S. president will be chosen Tuesday night — so yes, it’s time to vote.

Although early voting started Oct. 12, some Ohio University students have waited to turn in their ballots on Election Day. Students living in residence halls will likely vote in Baker Center — except for residents of Bromley Hall and Voigt Hall, who vote at the First Presbyterian Church, 2 N. Court St., according to the Athens County Board of Elections webpage.

Polling centers are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, and voters must bring a valid form of identification, including an unexpired Ohio ID with a present or former address, as long as the voter’s present residential address is printed on the official list of registered voters. Considering that doesn’t work for out-of-state students registered in Ohio, an original or copy of a current government document in physical form that shows the voter’s name and present address also works.

That’s where that email sent to students from dean of students Jenny Hall-Jones comes in handy.

OU is a public university, so the email recently sent from Hall-Jones with students’ names and current addresses counts as a government document when printed out.

For more information about what forms of identification are required or where to vote, people can check out the Ohio Secretary of State website.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Nothing too different from the last few days with a high of 67.(Courtesy of the Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report, but The Post broke down the performance of the Ohio football team and women’s basketball squad. (Link to XsandOs when live)

You might also want to know …

As of Monday night, Hillary Clinton had a 69.8 percent chance of winning the presidential election. (FiveThirtyEight)

The U.S. presidential election has not solely affected the U.S. (BuzzFeed

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

@M_PECKable

mp172114@ohio.edu