Outside Baker, a new kind of demonstrator; Bare on the Bricks canceled

Here’s what you need to know for Friday, Nov. 18, 2016:

News from The Post

• President McDavis is interviewing for the president position at Florida Gulf Coast today. (The Post)
  • Bare on the Bricks is canceled this year due to low participation. (The Post)

Good Morning,

Amid the verbal crossfire of religious and progressive demonstrators outside Baker Center on Thursday, a lone, third-party demonstrator was bringing attention to another issue.

Adam Norby, a sophomore studying media arts and studies and a fan of The Eric Andre Show, was promoting the rights of ranch dressing.

“For too long, ranch and its lovers have been persecuted,” Norby said, riffing off a skit from the late-night comedy program. “We have been corrupted by the ways of vinaigrettes, both balsamic and strawberry.”

During the protest, Norby held a large blue sign reading “Legalize Ranch.” Norby is concerned that ranch dressing is no longer as popular as it has previously been, and is trying to make a difference.

“We’ve been told that ranch is not the best dressing,” he said. “But I say they are wrong. I come to preach the ways of ranch #RanchItUpBro.”

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Mostly sunny with no precipitation. High of 75. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The hockey team will be on ESPN3 tonight. Men's basketball plays at Georgia Tech tonight.

You might also want to know …

The newest film from the Harry Potter universe, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, opens this weekend. (Paste Magazine)

A&E’s Duck Dynasty will end its run after the show’s 11th season. (PEOPLE)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu