Ohio University's Jaaron Simmons goes up to the basket against Sam Houston's Paul Baxter during a home game against Sam Houston State at the Convocation Center on November 14, 2016. Ohio University defeated Sam Houston 96-75. "MICHAEL JOHNSON | FOR THE POST"

Mens Basketball: Ohio topples Georgia Tech 67-61

Antonio Campbell wouldn’t budge when he called Ohio's matchup at Georgia Tech a "must-win" game.

He didn't have to. 

Led by Campbell, Ohio upset Georgia Tech 67-61 on Friday night in Atlanta, giving the Bobcats their first win over an Atlantic Coast Conference program since 2007.

"It was I thought a very good basketball game," coach Saul Phillips said after the game. "We'll beat some people this year."

Campbell had a game-high 25 points and 12 rebounds, both a season-high through the first three games of the year. 

"There's a reason NBA teams are coming to watch him," Phillips said. 

Ohio (3-0) trailed 32-27 at halftime but surged back courtesy of Kenny Kaminski, who hit five 3-pointers in the second half. 

Kaminski's only baskets of the night helped Ohio climb back tie the game at 52. 

From there, the Bobcats went on a 9-2 run to lead 61-54. Georgia Tech cut the lead to 61-58 before Ohio pulled ahead again. 

"We got stop down the stretch when we needed them," Simmons said. "I thought we did a reasonably good job of closing out the game on the offensive end." 

Campbell also had 12 rebounds. Kaminski finished with 15 points and Jaaron Simmons had 17.

Still undefeated, the Bobcats will be off until next Friday, when they'll host Tennessee Tech in The Convo. 

@charliehatch_

gh181212@ohio.edu