Football looks for long-sought championship; Milo Yiannopoulos comes to town

Here’s what you need to know for Friday, Dec. 2, 2016:

News from The Post

• Alt-right figurehead Milo Yiannopoulos will be on campus next week. (The Post)
  • You can get a free carriage ride down Court Street this December. (The Post)

Good Morning,

For the first time since 2011, the Ohio Bobcats football team will be competing in the Mid-American Conference Championship Game.

The Ohio Bobcats will take on the Western Michigan Broncos, a team with no losses this season that is currently ranked 17th in the country at Ford Field in Detroit, Mich.

While this is Ohio’s fourth appearance in the MAC Championship Game under current head coach Frank Solich, the Bobcats have yet to bring home a MAC Title during his tenure. Ohio hasn’t won the MAC outright since 1968.

Whether they win or lose, the Bobcats will likely be headed to a bowl game. Various news outlets, including ESPN, CBS Sports and USA Today, are projecting Ohio to face the Troy Trojans in the Dollar General Bowl in Mobile, Alabama on Dec. 23.

You can catch the MAC Championship on ESPN2 at 7 P.M. tonight.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Mostly cloudy with no precipitation. High of 44. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Women’s basketball plays Duquesne this weekend. Hockey plays Lindenwood.

You might also want to know …

An Oregon school district is banning staff from decorating their classrooms with religious imagery, including Santa Claus. (FOX News)

The death toll from the wildfires in Gatlinburg, Tennessee is rising. (Associated Press)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu