Athena to screen Golden Globe-nominated films; Athens robberies picked up by FBI

Here’s what you need to know for Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2017:

News from The Post:

• Two Ohio University higher-ups are taking on additional responsibilities. (The Post)
  • The FBI is taking over the investigation of a woman suspected of robbing two banks in Athens. (The Post)

Good Morning,

Sunday night’s 74th Golden Globe Awards were filled with A-list celebrities, decadent outfits, and of course, a little bit of controversy.

For the TV categories, Netflix’s The Crown and and FX’s Atlanta took home awards for Best Television Series - Drama and Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy, respectively.

La La Land was the evening’s most decorated nominee, winning seven total awards, including Best Actor and Actress in a Musical or Comedy for Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, Best Director for Damien Chazelle, and Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy.

Moonlight won Best Motion Picture - Drama, and was also nominated for awards in five other categories. You can catch it on the big screen tonight The Athena Cinema, 20 S Court. St., along with other Golden Globe nominees.

Check out The Athena’s website for showtimes.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Cloudy with 70 percent chance of rain showers. High of 45. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report. But the women’s basketball team has been struggling with its 3-point shooting recently.

You might also want to know …

The Alabama Crimson Tide and the Clemson Tigers faced off in the College Football Playoff National Championship last night. (Los Angeles Times)

Fiat Chrysler announced a $1 billion plan to add thousands of new jobs in the US amid uncertain trade and tax proposals from President-elect Donald Trump. (Reuters)

Yahoo! is changing its name after being bought by Verizon. (The Wall Street Journal)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu