via @mypetbugs

Pet Instagram Review: The horrifying bug account you definitely should not follow

After some careful reflection, I have come to the realization that this blog has explored all the good that the realm of pet Instagrams has to offer, but has rarely exposed the bad. While the concepts of “good” and “bad” are subjective and depend on the system of measurements I choose to apply to the pet Instagrams I view, this is a review blog after all, and I must pick a stance.

So, this week I have decided to deliver a scathing review. This review will cover a disgusting account, @mypetbugs, which has 71 followers. Bugs are awful creatures, and could be considered the universe’s biggest mistake. Follow me as we delve into the account that never should have been.

Wish it could have focused on the face but it's still adorable!!

A photo posted by @mypetbugs on

Quality of Pictures

The pictures are of bugs, so they can’t be good. The pictures are mostly of spiders but there are a few snails and isopods as well. Further scrolling reveals millipedes, beetles and other abominations of evolution. These terrifying creatures only continue to support the mantra that life is pain. No benevolent god would allow such atrocities to roam freely on this Earth. We are stumbling through a chaotic existence with no order, and these bugs are the mascots of this horror.

Rate of Posts

This account hasn’t posted in four weeks, and I hope it stays that way. However, it appears that the owner tends to post in bursts, so if for some insane reason you choose to follow this account you may be subjected to a surprising stream of horrifying images.

Cuteness of Pet

These pets are not cute. Nothing else needs to be said here.

Rating: 0/5

Quite frankly, I am offended by the content of this page. I don’t recommend following it and I don’t want to stumble any further into the terrifying plane of bug Instagrams. Stay far, far away from this account and anything similar.

@seanthomaswolfe

sw399914@ohio.edu