Erin Franczak

ABCs of Greek Life: The Alpha, Beta, Gammas of Greek Life

The sorority and fraternity community is a great organization to be involved in. If you don’t believe me, check out the Greek letters below. All members of Greek Life possess these traits:

Alpha: Affectionate. Every sorority and fraternity is dedicated to caring and loving each and every member. No one should ever feel excluded or like an outcast.

Beta: Big. sorority and fraternity life is one of the biggest organizations on campus. There are also so many other members around the U.S. that have something in common with you.

Gamma: G-big. Your grand-big will always be there for you as much as your little. More family and friends will help you out whenever you need them.

Delta: Dang. Greek Life members are al beautiful both inside and out.

Epsilon: Epic. Going Greek is an epic ride and I can guarantee it will change your life.

Zeta: Zip code. Greek Life will become your second home. Regardless of where you are, you will have someone to bond with.

Eta: Excitement. There’s always something exciting going on in the Greek community whether it be a cool philanthropy, a fun night hanging with sisters or brothers or even fun events during Greek Week.

Theta: Think. School and academics are extremely important to those in sorority and fraternity life and grades are the main priority. There are even events promoted throughout the year to encourage studying.

Iota: Inclusion. Sororities and fraternities are inviting to all people of all backgrounds.

Kappa: Knight in shining armor. There is always someone to be there for you when you need them.

Lambda: Little. The best thing in the whole world is getting a little and showing her/him how amazing sorority and fraternity life really is.

Nu: Never feeling alone. You will never be alone and will always have someone to hit up for a movie night, or study at the library.

Mu: Must. You must at least check out sorority and fraternity life before deciding not to join.

Xi: Excellent. Greek Life is an excellent extra-curricular and shows a future employer how excellent you are.

Omicron: Organization. Sorority and fraternity life is more than an organization, it’s family, friends and a whole lot more.

Pi: Pick. Pick sorority and fraternity life and pick a great future.

Rho: Recruitment. Greek recruitment is the greatest because it offers the opportunity to make new friends and create bonds that will last a lifetime.

Sigma: Sisterhood/brotherhood. It’s being able to be yourself and still feel loved and respected. It’s goofing off on a Friday night cracking up laughing over a stupid joke.

Tau: Take. Take the next step and join Greek Life.

Upsilon: Unique. Everyone is unique and uniqueness is respected and encouraged.

Phi: Philanthropy. Each and every member of Greek Life is constantly working with the community of Athens and other charities to donate and help as many people as possible through their philanthropic efforts.

Chi: Common interest. There’s always someone who has the same interests as you but Greek Life can also bring out new interests and potential.

Psi: Push. Members are always pushing you to be the best you can be.

Omega: Opportunity. There are so many opportunities to network and engage with other members all around the world.

Erin Franczak is a sophomore studying journalism with a focus in news and information at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Which letter do you relate to most? Let Erin know by emailing her at ef441614@ohio.edu.