Welcome back to Athens; A lot to look forward to in 2017

Good Morning. Here’s what you need to know for Monday, Jan. 9, 2017:

Not only is today the first day of Spring Semester classes, but it’s also the first day of Post Haste, the newsletter from The Post briefing you on daily information about Ohio University and Athens.

The year 2017 is primed to be substantial for news. Not only will a new U.S. president be inaugurated, but Ohio University will also see a new person take office.

Bobcat athletics are already off to a hot start in 2017. After a disappointing finish in last year’s Mid-American Conference Tournament, the men’s basketball team is 10-3, and will face last year’s MAC Tournament champions, Buffalo, on Tuesday. The women’s team will try look to go get to 12 wins on Wednesday against Akron. The wrestling team has also won two of its last three matches.

In addition, Athens is featuring many cultural events readers can look forward to this year, including the the RENT 20th Anniversary Tour and country singer Dustin Lynch, which are a part of the Performing Arts and Concert Series.

The Post will continue to provide coverage of the year’s upcoming events.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Partly cloudy with no precipitation. High of 32. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report, but check out The Post’s mid-season grades for the red-hot Bobcat hockey team.

You might also want to know …

Jimmy Fallon hosted the 74th Golden Globe Awards last night. (Us Weekly)

Retail clothing chain The Limited will be closing all of its stores. (The Washington Post)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu