Players stretch before team drills in Penden Stadium on August 26th 2016 MATT STARKEY|FOR THE POST

Football Recruiting: Ohio snags lineman Monday as linemen stand out as gems of class

In the days and weeks leading up to National Signing Day, The Post will look at who has already committed to the Bobcats and who might commit in the coming days. National Signing Day is Feb. 1.

The most important part of any football team is the offensive line. 

And after Ohio took a hit to its line this offseason, the line has looked to once again reload in recruiting. After four linemen graduated, including two starters (Troy Watson and Josh Cooper), Desmond Noel and Jacob Ready were arrested for an alleged aggravated robbery in December. 

Neither Noel or Ready are currently on the Ohio roster.

As those six are no longer on the roster, the Bobcats put a clear emphasis on the offensive line. Six incoming linemen make up six of the 16 already-committed recruits to the Bobcats. 

All of the following players are hard commits and the following rankings are from 247Sports.com.

Samson Jackson: Offensive tackle, 6-foot-4, 275 pounds, Palm Harbor University, Palm Harbor, Florida

Jackson officially shut down his commitment last week; he will be a Bobcat next fall.

A two-star recruit from Florida, he was originally committed to Florida International, but then de-committed on Dec. 5. He committed to Ohio just a day later. Here is his highlight tape from the past season. 

According to his Hudl page, he runs a 5.1 40-yard dash, 4.65 shuttle and squats 450 pounds. Jackson can play either guard or tackle at Ohio.

Tre Newton: Offensive guard, 6-foot-4, 300 pounds, Blinn College, Spring, Texas

Newton, a junior college transfer, will come to Athens as a junior — he's been at Blinn College for two years. Here's a highlight from his past season.

A two-star recruit, Newton's only offer was to Ohio. But as a bruising lineman, his style should fit in well with Ohio's run-first mentality.

According to his Hudl page, he runs a 4.95 40, 4.58 shuttle, squats 475 pounds and bench presses 315. 

Kevin Haas: Offensive tackle, 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Perkinston, Mississippi

Haas is yet another community college transfer, the third of the class. Here is his highlight tape from the past season.

Haas doesn't have the best mobility, so expect him to play at guard or right tackle in the future. That's not a knock on him, his frame will be needed in the interior line to open up holes for a now scant running back depth chart. 

Hagan Meservy: Offensive tackle, 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, Jenks High School, Jenks, Oklahoma

Meservy, the latest Ohio Bobcat to commit, committed Monday to become Ohio's sixth committed lineman. Unranked, Meservy may pack the biggest punch to Ohio's line. 

He squats 515 pounds and cleans 275. Here is his highlight tape from his senior year. Meservy may be the most versatile recruit, as he played tackle, guard and center in high school. He could come in and play any position along the offensive line. He's got the athletic ability to do so. 

Ohio might have found a steal in Meservy.

@Andrew_Gillis70

ag079513@ohio.edu