Roderick Mcdavis and David Wolfort listen to a presentation about signs during a Board of Trustees meeting. MATT STARKEY|FOR THE POST

Everything you need to know about the search for OU's next president

Ohio University is nearing the end of a search for the university’s 21st president.

By March, the search committee is expected to select a president from the four finalists.

Duane Nellis, former president of Texas Tech University

Nellis is a former president at Texas Tech University and currently serves as University Honors Professor at the university.

Dean Bresciani, president of North Dakota State University

The candidate discussed topics such as diversity, activism and faculty tenure during the event in Baker Ballroom.

Robert Frank, former president of the University of New Mexico

Robert Frank talked about his experiences working with a diverse student body at the University of New Mexico and how that could benefit him at OU.

Pam Benoit, executive vice president and provost for OU

When it comes to the future of Ohio University, Pam Benoit thinks the school is in “a good place” — so much so that she doesn’t see the need for an outsider to assume the Office of the President.

The Board of Trustees named an interim president 

David Descutner, a special adviser of Faculty & Academic Planning in OU’s Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, will become OU’s interim president effective Feb. 18, a position he will hold until June 30.

What is coming next

One of those finalists could take office July 1 if selected.

McDavis stepped down

OU President Roderick McDavis announced last March that he would step down from his position when his contract expires on June 30, 2017. He has since announced, starting March 1, he will work for the higher education search firm AGB Search in Washington, D.C. His last day as OU president is Feb. 17.

In the meantime, the Board of Trustees will appoint an interim president Friday, Jan. 20.

@kcoward02

kc769413@ohio.edu