Ween was announced as an artist that will perform at the 2017 Nelsonville Music Festival (via Wikimedia Commons). 

Ween, Twin Peaks, Emmylou Harris among artists announced in Nelsonville Music Festival lineup

Soon after playing on the Coachella stage, Twin Peaks will make its way to southeast Ohio for the Nelsonville Music Festival. 

The American indie band will share the stage with Emmylou Harris, Ween and many more, according the first Nelsonville Music Festival lineup announcement of 2017. 

The festival, which takes place June 1-4, will be held at Robbins Crossing historic village on the campus of Hocking College.

"I'm excited about Parquet Courts and Twin Peaks and Mothers," Maddie Eaton, a sophomore studying geography said. "I didn't expect to see Parquet Courts because they're really unique." 

In the past, Ween has performed at music festivals including Bonnaroo, Okeechobee Music and Arts Festival and Lockn' festival. The alternative rock music duo from New Hope, Pennsylvania, is most known for its tracks "Ocean Man" and "Bananas and Blow."

Twin Peaks, an American indie band, has played at Pitchfork Music Festival in the past and has recently been added to the lineup for Coachella music festival. In addition, the Chicago band released two new tracks, "I Don't Wanna Miss You" and  "Disappear," on Spotify in December 2016.

Country artist Emmylou Harris is the recipient of 13 Grammy Awards. She released her debut album Gliding Bird in 1969, and recently released her latest album The Traveling Kind with Rodney Crowell in 2015.

In 1999, Billboard magazine honored Harris with its Century Award, praising her as a "truly venturesome, genre-transcending pathfinder."

Although many students did not recognize any of the acts, some still expressed interest in the festival. 

"I've never heard of any of them but they have a cool name and that usually means it's a pretty cool band because there's creativity already," Alex Kille, a freshman studying secondary education, said. "I think it's kinda cool to get new people on the map because that's how most bands get started."

Others felt that the lineup was fitting for a small town like Athens.

"It's interesting who they're bringing in, I've never heard of any of them but it definitely feels like it would blend in well with an Athens crowd," Brent Schoffstal, an undecided freshman, said. "There's a lot of people here who like alternative (music)." 

The lineup was announced Monday afternoon in a video uploaded to Stuart's Opera House's YouTube channel. The video depicts the remnants of alphabet soup on a plate spelling out the names of each act.

In the past, artists such as Randy Newman, The Flaming Lips, Courtney Barnett and Athens' very own DJ Barticus have all played at the festival.

A general admission pass for all four days costs $140, not including a camping pass. The VIP pass, which includes access to a covered VIP viewing area at the front of the stage, a dedicated cash bar and VIP toilets runs a little higher at $350.

For some, the festival serves as a cheaper alternative to popular summer music festivals. 

"Coachella and Bonnaroo are way more expensive and they usually have the same type of (music)," Ali Henderson, a junior studying accounting added. "I just want to meet new people, have a great time and have fun."

@thenextbigming

kp003216@gmail.com