Members of the Arabic Language Student Association dance an Arab folk circle dance called dabke at Arabian Night in Baker Ballroom on Feb. 25, 2016. 

The Arabic Language Student Association will hold their annual Arabian Night Thursday

Come enjoy a night to celebrate Arabian culture and enjoy cultural cuisines and performances in the Baker Center Ballroom.

The Arabic Language Students Association, along with the new collaborative efforts of the Omani Students Association and Saudi Students Association will showcase the Arabian culture for anyone who is interested.

Any student, faculty, or resident of Athens is welcome to attend this event. The entrance fee is $7 and includes an authentic Yemeni meal. The event takes place on Thursday at 6 p.m.

“Arabian night is a yearly tradition put on by our organization that highlights a certain region of the middle east, in countries that speak predominantly Arabic,” Kevin Brock, a senior studying geology and the president of the Arabic Language Student Association, said. “I have never attended the event so it will be a new experience for myself.”

The event will focus on the Khaliji region of the Arabian Peninsula and will feature entertainment through poetry, dance and even stand-up comedy performed by OU students.

“I think Arabic culture is pretty rich and diverse, celebrated by many countries. I like the Arabic poetry, it’s pretty rich and deep,” Hashim Pashtun, the president of International Students Union said. “Apart from that, Arabic music is very entertaining and you can’t miss the tasty food.”

Each person that attends this event will be able to fully immerse themselves into the culture through the entertainment.

The collaborative efforts of the organizations involved have come together to make Arabian night unforgettable.

“I am really excited looking forward to the performances and I hope domestic students take part as much as possible and get benefitted,” Pashtun, a graduate student studying civil engineering and said.

@lesliemilkie37

lm755415@ohio.edu