Dustin Lynch will perform at the Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium on Feb. 10. 

Dustin Lynch brought a “Hell of a Night”

Fans of Dustin Lynch might have seen the country music star at one of the bars on Court Street after his performance in Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium on Friday.

“The last time I was here there was this huge pub crawl,” Lynch said. “Round two tonight?”

Lynch opened for Easton Corbin in 2013 in the same venue, but this year the artist closed out the show and Tyler Rich opened.

Rich performed an all-acoustic set comprised of mostly his own songs, including “Jeep,” “What You Want” and “Rebound.” The California native also played “California Grown,” a song he called an anthem for his friends back home.

The artist stepped outside his tracklist and took on songs from artists in and out of country music. With his guitar in hand, he played Toby Keith’s “Should’ve Been A Cowboy” and “Closer” by The Chainsmokers.

Rich joined Lynch during his set to help out with a rock medley then journeyed through the '80s to the early late '90s. The two musicians got the crowd jumping when they tackled “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard, “My Own Worst Enemy” by Lit and “All the Small Things” by blink-182.

Lynch engaged with the audience on multiple occasions and said he could “feel the energy” coming from the full house. He stopped in the middle of his song “Name on It” to shout “chug” at two beer-wielding concertgoers.

Rachel Larimer, a senior studying animal science at Ohio State University, liked how Lynch interacted with the crowd.

“I think it’s a good quality for singers to interact with the crowd because it gets them pumped up,” she said.

The singer said this is his band’s first full show of 2017 because they are on tour with country duo Florida Georgia Line. Lynch played his songs “Hell of a Night,” "She Cranks My Tractor” and “Mind Reader.”

Spencer Morrison, who is from Zanesville, enjoyed his song “Cowboys and Angels” because her friends sister recently died. She came in a group of about ten people, and she said most of them were crying during the ballad.

Morrison liked how the artist sounded live because it is exactly how he sounds on his albums, she added.

“(He) was really upbeat,” she said. “Even if I didn’t know the song, I would still sing along to it.”

Lynch recalled a time when he was playing on Little Broadway in Nashville. He would perform for tips in bars and said there was one song that would get him seven or eight dollars worth of tips — “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks.

“That’s like a Chick-Fil-A sandwich or something,” Lynch said.

After closing out the show with his new song “Seein’ Red” and his hit “Where It’s At,” the artist remained on stage to take pictures, sign autographs and hand out guitar picks to fans.

“Thank you one more time from the bottom of our hearts,” Lynch said. “Let’s go bar crawling.”

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu