Healthcare VR comes to campus; OU took vegan sandwiches out of Boyd

Here's what you need to know for Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017:

News

• Black Lives Matter activists took to the streets of Athens on Monday night. (The Post)
  • OU Culinary Services' choice to remove vegan sandwiches from The District on West Green has left some students disappointed. (The Post)

Good morning,

Virtual reality isn’t all fun and games — it could have applications in health care, too.

Today, Embodied Labs, a Chicago-based tech company is slated to be on campus to demo its VR experience called “We are Alfred,” which is supposed to simulate the challenges faced by an elderly man with hearing and vision disabilities.

The demo will take place in Schoonover Center from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., according to the OU Event Calendar.

If the experience brings out your inner philanthropist, you can head over to Baker Center in the afternoon and donate blood. The Red Cross will be there from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

High of 67 degrees. No rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Men’s basketball will square off against Miami at 7 p.m. tonight in Oxford. (The Post)

You might also want to know…

Milo Yiannopoulos was uninvited to a conservative conference Monday after videos of him taking a lax stance on pedophilia surfaced during the weekend. (CNN)

NASA will host a press conference today about “discovery beyond our solar system.” (The Independent)

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu