image via Instagram

Pet Instagram Review: Iris the adventure cat

When you imagine taking an animal for a walk, which species pops into your head? It’s most likely a dog. It’s rare to see any other type of animal going for a walk, which is sad because many animals enjoy being outside and deserve the opportunity to be walked just like dogs do.

There should not be a stigma about animals, particularly cats, being walked on leashes. It is a beautiful sight and may even help cats become more confident, according to an animal behavior consultant. In this week’s review, we’ll dive into an account that hits close to home. Iris the Cat (@iris_the_cat1827), an account with around 350 followers, shows the adventures of Iris, a cat that recently took a trip to Hocking Hills State Park. She wears a little harness that has a leash attached so her neck doesn’t get hurt.

Quality of Pictures

The pictures on this account are taken on a smartphone, but it’s the content here that matters. You’ll see Iris contemplating in front of a waterfall, posing in front of a mountain range and even sitting in her own basket in the front of a bicycle. She is even shown climbing a tree in an apparent sudden call of the wild. The curious side of cats comes out in this account in the best way, and there’s nothing quite like viewing a cat ride on the front of a kayak.

Rate of Posts

The account has only been posting for 14 weeks, but it ranges from having a few posts per week to lapsing in posts for a week or two. I assume that’s from any lack of adventure for the account-runner that may result from the realities of adult life. Either way, you will most likely enjoy the posts, however infrequent they may be.

Cuteness of Pet

This is a great looking cat. There’s something about the absurdity of a cat wearing a harness and leash that makes it even cuter to me. Plus, it’s great to see a cat so excited to get outdoors and experience all nature has to offer. I would love to go on an adventure with Iris and soak in the sights of a beautiful mountain range or experience a relaxing float down the river.

Rating: ⅘

I was excited when I saw this account visited Hocking Hills, a place that holds a special place in my heart. The cat has great taste and has the looks for a great pet Instagram account. I’m looking forward to seeing where else Iris explores and what adventures she thinks of next.

@seanthomaswolfe

sw399914@ohio.edu