Jeff Market to hold grand opening; you might see bigger boats at Strouds Run

Here's what you need to know for Monday, Feb. 20, 2017:

News

• Why are OU’s Trustees voting on the university’s new president in Dublin instead of Athens? (The Post)
  • The ODNR is considering allowing larger boats on Dow Lake at Strouds Run State Park. (The Post)

Good morning,

The new Jefferson Market has been open for nearly a month, but the market is hosting a week of grand opening festivities beginning today.

Throughout the week, students will be able to sample food and drink from vendors, watch cooking demonstrations in the new Culinary Studio, and enjoy discounts on certain items, including bubble tea and cold brew coffee.

Pepsi will be giving away samples of White Label Mountain Dew as well as a pair of virtual reality goggles on each day of the week.

On Thursday, chef Hari Nayak, culinary director of the Cafe Spice, which makes pre-made Indian, Mexican and Thai food, will be there to “showcase his culinary skills” and provide tastings of Cafe Spice items.

Special events will be happening every day of the week from Monday through Saturday.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Sunny with a no precipitation. High of 67. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Men’s basketball beat Bowling Green on Saturday. Women’s basketball lost to Kent State in overtime.

You might also want to know…

The NBA All-Star Game took place last night. (Bleacher Report)

Elon Musk’s aerospace company SpaceX successfully launched a rocket Sunday. (NPR)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu