OU to host microbrew panel; Trustees to vote on president today

Here's what you need to know for Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017:

News

• The Board of Trustees today will vote to decide the university’s next president, though only one official finalist remains. (The Post)
  • A professor who was previously suspended for an altercation with a student is teaching on campus again. (The Post)

Good morning,

Athens has a thing for booze.

Jackie O’s Pub and Brewery was recently voted one of the Top 100 Breweries in the World by RateBeer. The city is getting a new beer hall soon and in 2015 Athens ranked 16th on livability.com’s “99 Beers in 99 Cities.”

And tonight, Ohio University students and Athens residents will have the opportunity to learn more about the business of brewing beer and distilling liquor.

The Center for Entrepreneurship will host a Micro-Brew Entrepreneurs Panel and will feature numerous local breweries and distilleries, including Little Fish Brewing Company, West End Cider House, Fifth Element Spirits, and Multiple Brewing.

The panel will take place from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. in Baker 240. The event is free• and open to the public.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. High of 68. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Men’s basketball beat Miami Tuesday night in Oxford. Women’s basketball plays away at Buffalo tonight.

You might also want to know…

Milo Yiannopoulos resigned from his position at Breitbart after videos surfaced of him making controversial comments concerning, among others things, the age of consent. (NPR)

The company that owns Burger King and Tim Hortons purchased Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen for $1.8 billion in cash. (Food and Wine Magazine)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu